Interested in buying a kilt? Then talk to us!
Welcome to the home page of www.mcallans.com,
the highland wear & kilts specialist from the heart of the highlands. Based in
Wick, Caithness, McAllans are a well established family firm with a
long tradition of wearing and supplying kilts, sporrans, jackets, tartans, and highland wear.
We are always available during normal UK opening hours to offer help and advice on kilt and jacket fitting and all elements of wearing the tartan, kilts and all aspects of highland wear by telephone
Could Prince Charles be arrested for wearing a Sgian Dubh?
- Read the debate in The Daily Telegraph
- 13/8/08. Are you worried about carrying a Sgian Dubh? Buy one of our bladeless 'Safety Sgian Dubhs'
and never worry again!
Oops, 'Tartan Tat' Stallholders banned from Scottish Festival Competition
- Read more in The Edinburgh Evening News
- 13/8/07 . Mcallans Highland Wear only sell genuine Scottish items so you know you are always safe with us!
Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival 2008
- Once again the Highland based Tartan Heart Festival was a great success and all the McAllans Team were there enjoying the music, sun and madness! Read all about it and get your tickets for next year here
Lidl's £25 kilt
- A bargain too far? Read more in The Guardian
Top Highland Festival
wins major award - John Lennon Northern Lights Festival, Durness, Highlands - More Here
Shrek Gets A Kilt
- VisitScotland honours Shrek with a kilt made in a specially designed tartan by Lochcarron of Scotland - More Here
Thurso Surf Competition
rated as one of the top 5 in the world - Full report in The Scotsman
Last years Tartan Day was on the 6th April 2007 followed by New York's Tartan week, to find out more follow these links;
Dogs In Kilts
- It would be a West Highland Terrier! - W.E.C.
Visit this site if you would like a matching kilt and jacket for your dog or to enjoy
Reality TV star and singer confirms that her dream is to marry her fiance in
a castle with him wearing a kilt.
Story about the annual 'Dressed To Kilt' event in L.A. where Scotland previews
the latest fashions and styles in kilt wearing.
Rock stars wearing kilts, maybe not in a traditional fashion but all the more fun
The Blackstairs, Wick
as painted by LS Lowry gets a facelift. Pictures here
Now often used for Wedding photographs the new steps provide a strong contrast
for the bride and groom, in kilt and full highland dress against the Blackstairs
Highlandwear, hires and made-to-measures by Mcallans of course!